Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Paint Your Chandelier Colorful with Fingernail Polish!

I bought this sweet little chandelier a couple of years ago to add a little touch of something-something to my Art Studio/Mermaids of the Lake office. I loved it, but the more looked at it the more I knew it really needed a little something-something itself! As you may have noticed by the title of this blog... I LOVE COLOR!

Taking inspiration from the rather large collection of fingernail polish that my teenage daughter and I share, I jumped right into this project and had it finished in no time! Okay, maybe it took a bit of time, rather tediously painting each pendant twice, but... I did it in a couple of hours, with no breaks in between, so it felt like instant gratification!

Before - Boring!

After - I Love it!

Brilliant, beautiful, and vibrant - after!

You Can Do It Too!

All you need is a step ladder and your favorite fingernail polish colors. Some of mine were higher-end OPI polishes, but some were the $1.99 version from Walgreens and they all worked great!

I chose these vibrant colors...

and climbed up on my awesome, sturdy step ladder and got to work!





I love it!!!! It makes me happy every time I see it and feeling happy makes me smile and smiling and being happy are GOOD!

For more creative household projects visit my Around Home page.

Follow Debbie's board Let's Get Creative on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.