Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Preschool Art: Little Monsters! Make a Fun Monster Mask!

This monster mask project was really fun! The kids loved the process and the end result.



You Will Need
  • white card stock
  • poster board or some other heavier paper 
  • crazy yarn or any other fun, colorful yarn for hair 
  • pom poms for noses 
  • google eyes 
  • colored markers 
  • black marker to draw lines 
  • red construction paper for mouths 
  • bowl or circle template, approximately head-size 
  • rulers 
  • white school glue 
  • child-safe scissors (or teacher cuts!) 
  • large size popsicle sticks 

Super Simple Instructions 

  1. Give each child a pre-cut circle out of poster board, card stock or some other heavier paper, the approximate size of their head.
  2. Give each child a black marker and ruler and show how to make the checkerboard lines 
  3. Instruct them to color in the squares with markers 
  4. Let them glue on their google eyes and pom pom nose 
  5. Have them draw a mouth on red construction paper and cut it out, glue it on, as well 
  6. Glue on yarn hair 
  7. Glue popsicle stick to back of circle 




It made an adorable picture too! Take a pic of the kids holding their monster masks up to their face. I had a few kids who peaked behind the mask and although so cute, I won't put their faces here on the blog, so I can't show you. :(

Follow Debbie's board Art for Children on Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so super cute! You know I would have had a blast with this when I was a kiddo. :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.