Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Caught You!!! Deer Love My Potted Plants


Last week I was in my kitchen, cooking with my back to my large windows when my phone rang. It was my next door neighbor asking if I had looked out my kitchen window? I turned around slowly, as I pictured something scary and there he was! This adorable young buck heading for my potted impatients plants! Instead of scaring him off, I grabbed my camera and used his munching as an opportunity to take pictures of his beauty. Also, I thought proof of his crime might be fun to document!




His mouth is full of pretty blooms. Little stinker!

Chewing with his mouth open

He looks innocent, with his pretty, soft, fuzzy antlers, and big doe (I mean buck) eyes.

A couple of days later his sister showed up to eat the tender maple leaves. They have been sleeping in my lower yard at night. I like knowing they are there and safe from predators or cars, but I wish they had a hankering for weeds instead of my flowers!

Looks like she had an owie on her side, but still beautiful.

Her lips and tongue are moving so fast that they blurred the picture. She heard us in the house and paused, but soon resumed eating her dinner.


I love them both!

Follow Debbie's board Oh Deer on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.