Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Be Grateful

Gratitude is something I have been exploring for years now. I remember way back when Oprah was encouraging everyone to keep a Gratitude Journal. I went right out and bought a pretty journal and began writing 10 things every day that I was grateful for. Even through really difficult times, I disciplined myself to do it and sometimes it was not so easy. I remember one day writing "I am grateful that I am not constipated." Seriously I was so down that this is one of the only things that I could come up with, other than health of my loved ones, and so on. Ha!

I don't write my gratitude in a journal at this point in my life, but I count my blessings and thank God for almost everything throughout my day. And when there is something bad, I choose to think of something good about it and thank God even for the trial as a way to learn. It really helps make life happier and seems to attract more things to be grateful for. So, I challenge you..... Quick! Right now, think of five things to be grateful for and say thank you and really mean it. Feel the joy of things that are beautiful, good, and right. And for those things that are not, be grateful for something about them.

Think of five things right now to be grateful for!

Cultivate the habit of being grateful 
for every good thing that comes to you, 
and to give thanks continuously. 
And because all things have contributed to your advancement,
you should include all things in your gratitude.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Follow Debbie's board Thanks & Gratitude on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.