Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Peak at My Valentine's Day Decor

Do you decorate for Valentine's Day? I go all out with Fall and Christmas decorating. And, by the time Christmas is over I am yearning for a bit more simplicity and a lot less clutter. However, I do love to be festive and also to use some of my beloved treasures. For Valentine's Day, I just add a few hints here and there to remind my family and our guests of the month of  LOVE.

A fun and festive wreath in my dining room

A similar garland to brighten up my vintage-window-pot rack.

Hints of red and love and a vintage candy dish.

Red hot candies in my Ball Jar lamp. I love them so much I keep them in there year round.

Hugs and Kisses on the bathroom door. 

Even a little something to brighten the black and white bathroom.

I love this rose-colored decanter and sweet little glasses,  especially since it once belonged to my sweet Great Aunt Elsie. 

This wonderful, tiny, vintage cup belonged to my husband's Grandma. So perfect for Valentine's Day.
It sits on my piano with a red candle vase and a little framed photo of my kids when they were tiny.

Janie is the cutest photo bomber ever!

I stuck the camera behind the curtain. It looks like she might be stalking birds. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

Follow Debbie's board Around Home on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.