Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter-Inspired Quotes for Spring

Yesterday was Easter. I love Easter. "He is Risen!" is one of my favorite sentences in the Bible. So full of joy and hope, renewal, redemption! My Easter was spent with family and close friends in our home - a joyful day of reflecting and celebrating Christ's love, sacrifice, and resurrection. It also happened to be my husband's birthday. It was a beautiful, sunny day, kind of chilly, but it looked like spring. Today it is cloudy, misty and snowing!!! Awww... spring in the Northwest!

Do not be afraid, for I know that you 
are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 
He is not here;
He is Risen, just as he said.
~Mathew 28: 5-6

I created the next two graphics early Easter morning from photos taken in my neighborhood. I planned to post them yesterday, but my family time beckoned.

Tomb, thou shalt not hold him longer;
Death is strong, but Life is stronger;
Stronger than the dark, the light;
Stronger than the wrong, the right;
Faith and Hope triumphant say
Christ will rise on Easter Day.
~Phillips Brooks, An Easter Carol

Joy comes in the morning.
~Psalm 30:5 

Follow Debbie's board Oh Joy! on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.