Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Misty Dawn and the Return of the Swallows - I Love Spring!

 Misty Dawn, view from my porch

The early morning view from my porch has been misty, foggy, and gorgeous this week. It's so pretty it almost takes my breath away.


And.... the swallows are back!!! These gorgeous little birds are some of my favorites. It feels like friends coming back home. They fly South for the winter and like clockwork, around the end of March they show up again, chirping and swooping and being beautiful and cheerful. They fly out over the lake and snatch bugs out of the air.



They are already choosing their homes and adding to their nests. I suspect that the same birds return to the same houses and eaves of my porch each year, but I'm not sure. (They do all look alike.) :) Just look at those colors!!! From a distance they appear to be black and white, but up close they have green and blue feathers too. I love them and I LOVE SPRING!!!

Follow Debbie's board Feathered Friends on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.