Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

DIY Mod Podge

I love Mod Podge - the real deal. I use it in my own artwork, but recently I needed something a bit less expensive for my preschool artists and I needed a lot of it! So, I whipped up my own and it worked great for my group of preschoolers.


It couldn't be much easier than this: Equal parts white glue to water!

In other words, half white glue, half water.Pour in a jar with a tight lid and store indefinitely.

Dries fast, clear, and works great!

THIS is the amazingly wonderful and beautiful project that three and four year-old children made.

More Preschool Art Projects

Follow Debbie's board Let's Get Creative 2 on Pinterest.

6 comments:

  1. Love this, I never knew it was THIS easy. I may have started doing this sooner, had I known. Thanks for sharing, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mountain Girl, Thank you for commenting! :) I still use the real deal (Mod Podge) for some things. They have so many different varieties, such as high gloss, matte, satin, glitter, etc... but this is just perfect for many decoupage projects. I hope you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you recommend using the DIY Mod Podge for picture coasters or should I use the real stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bettie, honestly, for picture coasters, I would choose the real deal. I use it often in some of my finer art projects. With the real Mod Podge you can choose between so many different finishes. With simple projects like the one I referenced in this post with my preschoolers, or other types of art journals, etc... I love the homemade version. Thank you for your question. I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello can you color this, and if so with what do you color it with? Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your question. I have never tried to color this because I have always wanted a clear finish. However, I would probably try using food coloring if I wanted to tint it. It seems to me that would still allow it to have a sheer finish.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.