Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Button Ring Tutorial

In addition to living my love of creating by being an artist, writer, cook, house decorator and so on.... I also publish an online women's magazine with my BFF, Shelley Hepler. Mermaids of the Lake is the name of our joint venture.

Please visit our e-zine at: www.mermaidsofthelake.com

We LOVE working and playing together. It is especially wonderful when we combine the two by creating together! We recently went a little crazy creating these fun and colorful, simple button rings!


Let's get creative together. The Mermaids love to create together!
We'll show you how to make adorable little button rings.
They're super easy and fun.
Add a bright pop to your spring and summer wardrobe!

They are all so cute, Shelley can't decide on just one!

So pretty in shades of blue and brown.

I go for bright and fun!

Get your girlfriends, daughters or neices together
 and have some button bling fun!
Supplies
  • Variety of buttons in different sizes and colors. (We found that Joanne Fabrics and Walmart both have great selections of these big, bright buttons)
  • E beads in various colors. (E beads are bigger than seed beads and are available most places that sell beading supplies)
  • 1mm. stretch string. (We love Stretch Magic and often buy it at Michael's. It is strong and high quality)
  • Scissors
  • Hypo Cement glue to secure knot. (We buy ours at Michael's. This is the glue that we use on all of our stretch string beading projects. It is super strong and will not make your stretch string brittle)
Let's Get started!


Snip a length of stretch string at approximately six inches.

Thread a bead onto string. (Three beads is a cute alternative)

Thread ends through holes in the smallest button.
 Layer with the next size and so on.

Thread beads on each side of stretch string.
(A ring for an average size middle finger is approximately 21 beads.)
You will need to add or take away beads
 depending on the size of your finger)

Tie in a knot and secure it with a tiny drop of Hypo Cement.
Immediately tie another knot into the drop of glue.

Let dry for approximately five minutes
 and snip ends close to knot.



Follow Debbie's board Let's Get Creative on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.