Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Remembering Summer

Just after dawn view from my porch

I am grateful to live in a part of the world that experiences four seasons. I truly love every one of them! I completely appreciate and relish the beauty and qualities of each one, and when the weather is not so nice, or winter is a bit long, or I am having a hard time sleeping on a hot summer's night, I TRY not to complain and remind myself that I CHOOSE to live here and get on with reminding myself what I love about each season.

We had a truly amazing month of September, with the weather being warm and sunny and temperatures in the 70's and 80's. All my summer plants were looking good until just this week, as October rolled in.

My porch in September

Now, things are drooping a bit, looking weary. As I anticipate enjoying the glory of fall, I decided to look through my summer photos and share a bit of why I love where I live.

Porch post. The old ladel was used at the well on my
Grandma's childhood farm. I love it.

Huge, pink petunia hanging from the porch

Another fushia in a planter that I nabbed for $1 at a yard sale

My fave decorating project of the summer!
I planted a fushia in a vintage floor lamp
that had been my Great Aunt Elsie's.
I added candle cups (from Michael's)
 where the light bulbs would have been.

Floral greetings near my front door

Fushia on my porch

The old Tonka truck was my 21 year-old son's
 when he was a baby.
Later in the summer it held a plant.

My side-yard. I sit out here in the morning
 with my cup of coffee, soaking in 
gratitude and inspiration for my day.

A wonderful, rusty old watering can 
that a dear friend gave me, 
planted with a plant that seeded itself in the can!

View of my porch from the side-yard


Swallow mommy getting ready to go catch breakfast for her babies


And here she is up close and personal

Some of my beloved begonias and an antique gallon
bottle that we found in the lake while snorkeling.


Reflection in one of my birdbaths

Ivy and garden on other side of the house.
The old metal chairs are broken
 so I put them in the garden with plants on them.


Begonia and vintage croquet balls on my porch

Coffee in my jammies with one of my favorite magazines

The view from where I am sitting

I snapped this adorable chipmunk
 while I was sitting there too.
(It helps to always have your camera)


Vintage seating in my side-yard

I collect vintage tablecloths and rusty old buckets. 
The plant is a kind of begonia
 that the neighborhood deer LOVED! :(

Follow Debbie's board Let's Go to the Lake! on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.