Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Time to Get "Unstuck!"


It has been almost one month since my last blog post. My last post was a remembrance for the victims of the Newtown, Connecticut school shooting. I know I am not alone when I say that it changed me forever. From the moment I heard the news, I felt this overwhelming sadness, an empathy for the families, the survivors, and the sweet, innocent victims. It is too much to process, too sad, too horrid, too sick, too evil, too senseless. I became creatively "stuck." I did work on a few projects, but my usual energy and joy were not there.

The fact that the tragedy happened during the holidays just added to it. I was in the midst of all kinds of wonderful personal family reunions and celebrations and yet, knowing the suffering of those families, it really did shut me down... I had beautiful holiday times, loads of JOY, precious family time. My wonderful, young son was home for 2 weeks with his beautiful, pregnant wife. It was the best Christmas ever for me, but not for so many others. I don't like that....

Then, it was all over, time to take Christmas down, time to go at the new year with energy and gusto and I struggled. It was a let-down. I missed my boy. I missed my new daughter-in-law. I missed the magic.

So, I am getting back at it, back to doing what I know is cathartic and healing for me and others... honoring GOD, finding JOY, being HAPPY and GRATEFUL! I have a deep need to CREATE. I have learned that creating is neccessary for me to be mentally healthy and happy. And, I know that God planted this desire in me, so I honor him when I do what I am meant to do!

Out came the paints, brushes, the tissue paper, Mod Podge, and more!!! I very slowly got back on that creative horse and it felt (feels) good.

Like writer's block, which I had as well, the only way to move past it is to accept it and then do something about it. Get started.

So, with the end of this post, I am officially "Unstuck!" Yay!

Follow Debbie's board Color My Bliss, My Blog on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.