Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Monday, February 11, 2013

DIY Color Your Necklace Brilliant!


I am soooooo excited about this simple, gorgeous project! I have a passion for blingy, rhinestone jewelry. And, while I love, love, clear crystals and rhinestones, wow.... these colorful ones really pop!
I was perusing one of my other passions, Pinterest, and found this (DIY Statement Necklace) by Aunt Peaches on Elizabeth Banks.

I love how easy and beautiful this project is. It took me about ten minutes and at least five minutes of it was choosing my color combinations. I have decorated an entire chandelier with fingernail polish, (see my chandelier here!) so I knew how fun this would be. And, the use of Sharpies, made it even easier!

The Sharpies make the rhinestones sheer and gemstone-like.

The fingernail polish gives a more opaque look like stones. I already had several (okay, seven) rhinestone necklaces, so I could afford to color-up a couple of them. I usually buy them at Forever 21 and they are cheap! Darn, I gave away my secret!


Here's the other one.


Now, I think I will go hunt through my rings, bracelets, and earrings!

2 comments:

  1. I AM SO GOING TO GO DO THIS!!!! Look out clearance rack at Forever 21

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, show me what you do! It really was too much fun. I'm going to make more too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.