Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cool Gift Idea - Make a Coffee Sleeve from an Old Shirt!

Make a coffee sleeve from an old shirt!

Did you know that Starbucks sells reusable cups that look like their paper cups? Did you know they are only $1?!!! I bought several. They are great for make-at-home coffee and for other hot or cold drinks. I also like to take one with me to Starbucks and have them serve me my favorite coffee drink in it instead of a paper one.

My coffee is always too hot for my hands so I use their little coffee sleeves. Recently, I decided to make some of my own out of old shirts. A basic man's shirt is the perfect size to fit around the Starbucks cups! Love it!

With gift-giving in mind, I decided to buy a few more of the $1 cups, add gift cards and a package of their VIA instant coffees. (most grocery stores also sell Starbuck's VIA packages) Making coffee sleeves from shirt cuffs, just makes it more personal and fun.

This is the easiest gift you will ever make!

Choose an old shirt with a pattern you like

Cut off the cuff

Get excited about how easy it was!

Slip on coffee cup - make a bunch for yourself or for gifts - keep them as they are or embellish them with embroidery or buttons - get creative!

These would make great teacher, girlfriend, and book club gifts!

You can get creative with the presentation too:
  • Place everything in a Starbucks drink carrier and wrap up with ribbon or cellophane and ribbon.
  • For a stocking-stuffer - Make several coffee sleeves in various patterns, wrap one around the cup, place the others and a gift card in the cup. Open up the VIA package and place the individual pouches in the cup, as well.
Follow Debbie's board Let's Get Creative on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.