Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Furry Little Helpers & My Miniature Christmas Tree

It was time to decorate this little miniature tree that I have in my kitchen. It is special to me because when I first got married, my mother-in-law gave it to me and started buying me a tiny ornament each year. When I would visit her in Wisconsin, she would often give me one of hers. She had so many. This tree was fun and perfect for the collector in me! Each ornament has a special meaning. I love that about Christmas...

My cat and dog want to be involved in everything I do! When I brought in each box or bin with Christmas decorations they both acted like it was, well... Christmas!

Janie loves boxes. It is so funny how cats love boxes. I am constantly pinning pictures of cats in boxes on Pinterest. I took the lid off of my box of miniature Christmas tree ornaments and she popped right in! No matter how small a box might be, Janie is sure it will work. No body-image issues there!

Bear was intrigued and kinda sad that Janie could jump right up on the kitchen counter (and stove top) to explore.

So, I brought him a chair for a closer look! He looks so innocent...

Janie was so happy and cozy. She started rolling around.

They were both so cute, but such a distraction!!! Decorating this little tree took me twice as long because I just had to snap all of these cute pictures!

Janie finally settled in and slept just when I was finished and wanted the lid to the box back.

My little next door neighbors, who are now adults with children of their own, made this little heart and the red bird. I love them. Above it is a vintage angel ornament given to me by my mother-in-law, whom I miss very much...
I used to have pet ducks. I loved them so much. I have two of these glass duck ornaments to remind me of them. My daughter drew me the Rudolf ornament when she was about seven or eight. She is 17 now. The little red candles were a gift from my friend Janet, who was the nanny for the neighbor kids. She helped them make the ornaments in the photo above.

Merry Christmas!!!

 Follow Debbie's board A Comfy Cozy Christmas on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.