Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Friday, June 12, 2015

A Happy Surprise, Mama Deer and Her Sweet Baby

Yesterday, I woke up to such a sweet surprise. It was 5:30 am and I stepped outside to water my plants and saw a Doe in my driveway. I grabbed my camera and watched her. When she noticed me she stopped and stared for a minute, making eye contact. (which was so cool) Then she went back to her serious job of nibbling on the grasses, leaves, and such in my yard. I don't have a normal yard; it is wooded and natural, so I didn't mind at all. I was hoping she would not come on down and start eating my potted plants. That has happened before!


Isn't she beautiful? I looked right into those gorgeous eyes. What a blessing!

Finally, I had watched her long enough and needed to get back to work. I finished up my watering and went back in the house for an hour and a half. I had to go outside again and figured she was long gone, but she wasn't. She had moved on to another part of my wooded hillside. So, I stood there and talked to her awhile. Suddenly, I noticed that she was obviously a nursing mom!!!! Just as I was thinking about the fact that she had left her baby somewhere, she walked over to a big bunch of wild sweet peas, growing under and around a metal staircase that leads from my yard up to the road. She nuzzled them a bit and up pops a tiny fawn, who had to be brand new. I watched the fawn nurse for several minutes and then the mom began cleaning her. 






Look closely. She's licking her. (or him)

Still cleaning her baby. 



Precious little gift from God. I love deer so much. They are so sweet and beautiful. I'm thankful to have witnessed this. I love them so much, I even made a Pinterest board just for them.

Follow Debbie's board Oh Deer on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.