Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Friday, April 7, 2017

Colorful Quotes: A Quote By Trina Paulus About Becoming a Butterfly

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing
to give up being a caterpillar."
~Trina Paulus

This quote really spoke to me today. The process of metamorphosis that a caterpillar goes through to become a butterfly is so symbolic of what we go through as humans as we grow through adversity. As a Christian who is actively putting my faith in Christ alone for physical healing and physical and spiritual transformation, I am especially feeling the discomfort of no longer wanting to be resting in this cocoon! I left the caterpillar stage about three years ago and as I've had these past three years to rest and Be Still in God, I am really getting excited about being free to fly. 

Be Still and know that I am God. ~Psalm 46:10

Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her. ~Luke 1:45

For nothing is impossible with God. ~Luke 1:37

Having HOPE will give you courage. ~Job 18:11

And then I found this beautiful poem!

I tell of hearts and souls and dances...
Butterflies and second chances;
Desperate ones and dreamers bound,
Seeking life from barren ground,
Who suffer on in earthly fate
The bitter pain of agony hate,
Might but they stop and here forgive
Would break the bonds to breathe and live
And find that God in goodness brings
A chance for change, the hope of wings
To rest in Him, and self to die
And so become a butterfly. 
~ Karen Kingsbury, Oceans Apart

For more inspirational quotes please see my Colorful Quotes page. I also have a very encouraging Faith board on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.