Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Oh,Yum! Mint Julep Recipe


Yesterday was the Kentucky Derby. My husband and I love watching it on TV. All of the excitement leading up the race is fun too. The history is so interesting, the horses are beautiful, and so are the people! And those hats and fascinators! We joined in the festive vibe by making ourselves a Mint Julep! Yum! They are easy to make, too.

Mint Julep, You will need:
  • Bourbon
  • Fresh Mint Leaves
  • Crushed Ice
  • Simple Syrup
  1. Muddle 4-5 mint leaves with 1/2-1oz simple syrup in a Julep Cup
  2. Add 2.5 oz Bourbon
  3. Fill with crushed ice
  4. Garnish with a mint sprig
And here is my favorite Simple Syrup Recipe using honey instead of sugar. I rarely eat sugar, so honey or maple syrup is usually my sweetener of choice. If you choose sugar or maple syrup, the proportions are the same.

Simple Syrup, you will need equal parts:
  • Honey (Local is the best!)
  • Water 
Add equal parts honey and water to a small sauce pan. Heat on med/low heat, until combined. Let cool before using. Store for up to a week in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.