Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Preschool Art: Butterfly Necklaces with Glitter

I needed a quick little art project to fill in time while our bigger project was drying. These little butterflies were perfect! And all the kids, including the boys always want to make jewelry.

I used this awesome Martha Stewart butterfly stamp from Michael's.

Punch a hole in each wing and color the butterflies with markers. We found that the hole needed to be a bit larger, so we sort of double-punched it.

String yarn through the hole. Add white glue where they want the glitter to be. Load on the glitter.

The kids love this part!

Shake off the glitter and pour it back in the glitter jar.



Wear your new butterfly necklace proudly!


Follow Debbie's board Art for Children on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.