Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Colorful Quotes: What Makes My Heart Sing

Every single day,
do something that makes
your heart sing.
~Marcia Wieder
This quote really spoke to me today. If we could do even one little thing every day that makes us feel so blessed and happy that our heart sings, we would be filled with JOY. When I start my day off with gratitude my heart sings at all I have to be grateful for. What makes your heart sing?
Things that make my heart sing
  • Praying and thanking God for all of my blessings and counting them, one by one.
  • Kissing my baby grandson's head and inhaling his sweet baby scent.
  • Snuggling my sweet kitty, Janie. Scratching her chin while she purrs.
  • Kissing my puppy, Bear and telling him what a good boy he is.
  • Spending time with my children, talking and listening.
  • Discussing the joy we feel about our children with my husband.
  • Oh, that first delicious sip of coffee in the morning.
  • Jumping into the cool water of my lake on a very hot, summer day.
  • Laying on a blanket on the grass in the shade on a summer day.
  • Toasting and sipping a dry Gin martini with my BFF and Mermaids of the Lake partner, Shelley.
  • Listening to music that makes me remember wonderful things from before.
  • Watching a thunder storm over the lake from my porch.
  • Laughing with friends!
  • Reminiscing with my best friend since high school about our college days.
  • Sweet time alone to create in my art studio in the early morning.
  • Opening a new, large-size box of crayons and enhaling the familiar scent.
  • Dangling my feet off of the dock in the cool water.
  • Spending time with my parents and knowing that I can be 100% myself.
  • Sitting on a mossy rock in the spring and soaking up the scent of the earth after a long, cold winter.
  • Coming home after traveling and feeling grateful for my little spot of heaven on earth.
  • Inhaling the scent of rain on the pavement on a hot summer day. It reminds me of childhood.
  • Biting into a warm-from-the sun, just picked tomato.
  • Maple syrup!
  • Whipped Cream!
  • Having lunch out with friends.
  • Cooking a delicious meal in a just-cleaned house for friends and family.
  • Sliding into bed with fresh sheets and comfy jammies.
  • Reading a book that transports me inside of its pages.
I could go on and on and that makes me happy! Even in the midst of trying times, sadness, and grief, I can count on one of these things from my list bringing me even a moment of JOY that makes my heart sing. 

For more quotes visit my Colorful Quotes  page!

Follow Debbie's board Happy! on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.