Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dawn, A Robert Brault Quote

Dawn - There is hope and beauty in a new day

God sends the dawn that we might see
the might-have-beens that still might be. 
~Robert Brault

Struggling, struggling with sad, sad things in life. However, I am just remembering even in the midst of grief and stress to notice and be grateful for the abundance of beauty in my life. When something is sad or not beautiful, it does not negate the things that are beautiful...

As I sat in my studio in the dark of the early morning, contemplating my day and the near future facing the funeral of another loved-one, I almost didn't look to my left where my window facing the lake is. I was too sad. But, a slight shift from dark to light, out of the corner of my eye caused me to turn. Dawn.... and I was reminded of the image and quote that I had posted just a few days ago:


I quickly captured this picture through my studio window.

I love it. I grabbed my trusty camera and my slippers and headed outside to my porch, facing the lake. This is the first picture.





These pictures were all taken within seconds of each other, yet notice how quickly  the light and color change. I never tire of it - this view. So grateful...

Follow Debbie's board More Words of Inspiration on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.