Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Make a Spooktacular Bat out of a Toilet Paper Roll!

Another toilet paper roll creation! Make a bat! You can also make OWLS.

Fold a 4 x 6 index card in half and draw one side of wings.

Slit another toilet paper roll down the middle and flatten out. Lay the wing template on flattened roll  and...

Trace and cut out wings.

Press in the top of a toilet paper roll to create your bat's ears. (same as you do for an owl) Paint your bat black.
Paint the wings black.

 Add eyes using the other end of your paintbrush. Googly eyes would be cute too and fun for children.

Add more face details, including a little nose, mouth with fangs, and little hairs, as seen in photo.

Don't forget to paint the inside too.


Follow Debbie's board Let's Get Creative on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.