Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

DIY Linen Spray

I love linen spray! I spray it on my pillow and the tops of my sheets every night. There is just nothing like crawling into a fresh bed with lovely smelling linens and a good book. Awww... Linen spray is expensive from the store, but not if you make it yourself!

You will need
  • Distilled Water
  • Vodka or Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
  • Essential Oils
  • A funnel
  • A spray bottle (this recipe is for a 4 ounce bottle)
That's it!!!

The basic recipe is:
  • 20 drops of your choice of essential oils, (see my favorite combinations below)
  • 1 Tablespoon Vodka or Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
  • Distilled water
Add the essential oils first. Then the vodka or alcohol. Fill the rest of the way with distilled water. Shake before using and spray on linens.

It is nice to freshen up a musty closet full of clothes. I love to travel with it too - it makes a foreign pillow and bedroom feel more like home.


My two favorite essential oil Linen Spray combinations are:
Sweet & Spicy Linen Spray This is also my favorite combination for my Homemade Carpet Fresh!
  • 10 drops Sweet Orange Oil
  • 6 drops Ylang, Ylang
  • 4 drops Patchouli
  • 1 Tablespoon Vodka or Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
  • Distilled Water
Relaxing Lavender Linen Spray
  • 20 drops Lavender Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Vodka or Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
  • Distilled Water
*** WARNING!  CAUTION! *** Essential Oils can be toxic to CATS! And dogs too. Please do your own research on which oils are toxic and under what circumstances. Ask your vet or research on line. I have a cat and I am very careful with my essential oils and cleaning products around her. If your cat sleeps on your pillow - do not spray your pillow!

Follow Debbie's board DIY Home & Beauty Products on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.