Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

DIY Cleaner for Wood Floors and Wood Mini Blinds

I have wood blinds on all the windows of the second floor of my house. They get so dusty. As much as I love having everything super clean and tidy, I have this thing about cleaning those darn mini blinds. I really dislike the task. So, I tend to not do it for long lengths of time and then the dust turns to stuck-on grime that cannot be simply dusted off. (Especially in the bathroom where there is moisture) Ugh!

So, a few months ago I did some internet searching for something that I could make that would get the grime off while not damaging the wood. I found this recipe for wood floors via Pinterest from several different bloggers who seem to also have found it on Pinterest. (I LOVE PINTEREST!) If you do too, you can follow me: http://www.pinterest.com/debbienania/

I figured if it was safe for wood floors, I would give it a try on my mini blinds. It worked great and got all the grime off, without scrubbing. I feared the vinegar in the recipe might make the house smelly, but it seems that the combination of rubbing alcohol, vinegar, and water just made my house smell super fresh and clean! 

I now use it on my wood floors, as well, and even on my laminate counter tops. It disinfects as it cleans and I love that!


Super Simple Recipe: DIY Cleaner for Wood Floors and Wood Mini Blinds
Equal parts - 
  • White Vinegar
  • Rubbing Alcohol,
  • Water
Add all of the ingredients to an empty spray bottle. Spray on surface and wipe off with a damp cloth.

(If you have any concerns about your particular wood surface do your own research on what products are safe to use as to not damage the finish.)

For more cleaning and health and beauty projects see my DIY Projects page.

Follow Debbie's board DIY Home & Beauty Products on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.