Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

Wow, this has been yet another eventful, fabulous, beautiful, joyful, and yes, painful, difficult year. I'm looking forward to 2015 with great hope for more moments filled with JOY than pain, PEACE than confusion and discord, and more FAITH than fear.

My simple plan for the new year is to live each moment to the fullest, in constant grateful communication with Jesus, noticing every miracle, both great and small; to rely on God's guidance in every decision, and to believe that my prayers are being lovingly answered.

Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her. ~Luke 1:45


I'm not planning to really make New Year's Resolutions. They just seem to set me up for failure and then that yucky feeling of huge disappointment that follows. So, the last few years, I have chosen a word or phrase to focus on.This year, I have a few:
  • Believe that God is answering the desires of my heart
  • Be Still and give everything to God
  • Be Inspired
  • Say yes to more good
  • Say no to things that confuse and frustrate
  • Employ magical thinking
  • Overcome fear with faith and courage
  • Be grateful in all things
  • Pray without ceasing
  • Love more!
  • Move more
  • Sleep, laugh, cry, play, walk, read, inspire, and create, create, create
What about you? I would love to hear how you approach the new year. Inspire me, please...

Follow Debbie's board Happy New Year! on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.