Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Hand Painted, Mod Martini Glasses and a Couple of Cute Photo Bombers!

Martini Glass, shot from above

Of all the different mediums I use in my creations, one of my favorites continues to be painting on glass. I love the way the glass paints are sheer and vibrant. I love the way the light shines through them. I also really enjoy painting on objects with interesting shapes, such as wine glasses, water goblets, pitchers, large bowls, teapots, and especially, martini glasses! They are both elegant and whimsical.


This particular pattern is from my "Mod" line. The flowers are bright and cheerful and reminiscent of the Mod style of the 1970's. It is my very favorite pattern to paint, especially on martini glasses.


This pair was created to donate to a local JDRF charity event held last weekend. I really wanted to get a picture for this blog post before they were donated. I had a couple of furry, hooligan photo bombers!! Janie, who thinks she must be a part of everything I do was on the table in seconds! She decided to play it cool and just start eating my wheat grass as if that was what she intended all along.


Look at that tongue!


Bear did not want to be left out. He was on my lap just seconds after Janie jumped on the table. They are so funny and so darn predictable. I know it drives Bear crazy that his sister can just jump right up on things like the dining room table and the kitchen counters, while he is usually left whining at my feet. Poor Bear. He laughs when Janie gets squirted with the water bottle that I use to keep her away from my cooking. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.