Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday, Family Day


The family is one of nature's masterpieces.
~George Santayana

Sundays have always been "family" days for me. Always. Often, Dad made breakfast on Sundays- pancakes, waffles, omelets, but most often scrambled eggs and bacon. Yum. My mom has always been an amazing cook and taught me most of what I know in the kitchen, but Dad, well Dad did the eggs!

My family went to church regularly so most Sundays consisted of breakfast together, church, Sunday dinner with grandparents and aunts and uncles, usually at one of our homes, but sometimes at a local restaurant for all you can eat chicken buffet. I loved it! All of it. Sunday was for relaxing and playing, sometimes with friends, but always with family!

Now that I have my own family, we still have Sunday reserved as Family Day! My kids have grown accustomed to me saying, "So and so is coming to Sunday dinner." and they love it.

God, tradition, togetherness, love, good food - FAMILY TIME is what Sundays are for me!

I love my family

Visit my Colorful Quotes page for more picture quotes and encouraging word images created by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.