Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Passion...

Are you passionate about something? Many things? NOTHING????

Passion is the genesis of genius
~Anthony Robbins

My co-publisher of Mermaids of the Lake (women's e-zine) and I were recently discussing our personal issues of late... sort of the dull-drums due to LIFE and all of it's ups and downs. Without getting into the details, Shelley and I realized that we had temporarily lost our PASSION. Oh how grateful we both were to realize it was temporary! Without passion, life is dull. lifeless, no sparkle, no hope! Ugh...

Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... 
and though unwanted... unbidden... 
it will stir... open its jaws and howl. 
It speaks to us... passion rules us all, and we obey. 
What other choice do we have?
 Passion is the source of our finest moments. 
The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... 
and the ecstasy of grief. 
It hurts sometimes more than we can bear.
 If we could live without passion
 maybe we'd know some kind of peace...
 but we would be hollow...
 Empty rooms shuttered and dank.
 Without passion we'd be truly dead.
~Josh Whedon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.