Welcome To My Colorful World!

Welcome to my colorful world. I am a happy (most of the time!) wife, mom, MeMaw, artist, and art teacher. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I also love to create, cook, nest, decorate, entertain family and friends, laugh, collect vintage stuff, snuggle my cats and dog, play outdoors, and so much more! In addition to all this, I also publish an online magazine with my dear friend, called Mermaids of the Lake. Oh, and I love a big cup of coffee with cream, a dry martini, red wine, blingy jewelry, pink lipstick, blue fingernail polish. I love color! Beautiful colors inspire, motivate, and move me!!! What's my favorite color? I can't choose. I love them all! Yellow, pink, red, turquoise, blue, purple, orange, green and every variation in between!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Colorful Quotes: Thinking of Others, a Dale Carnegie Quote

Forget yourself
by becoming
interested in others.
Every day do a good deed
that will put
a mile of joy
on someone's face.
~Dale Carnegie

To show true gratitude for your blessings, to forget your own troubles, to do the right thing... think of others.

This morning I realized how stressed I was feeling with my to-do list, personal worries, concerns for friends, and the pain and suffering in the news of the giant natural disaster that just occurred on the North East Coast of the U.S. I found this quote and it felt right. I used a recent photo that I had taken of clouds and made this little graphic.

It's true - when we think of others, stepping outside of our own suffering or just plain everday stress we feel better. Striving to do something, even a tiny thing, every day, for someone else is a noble endeavor.

It's the way I want to live. It's who I want to be. And, it really is easy!

Follow Debbie's board Words of Inspiration on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment.